Regional Foster Families is an independent family owned agency. We provide foster parents for children and young people from the Local Authorities who need to be cared for away from their home.
The aim of Regional Foster Families is to recruit, train and support foster parents to provide homes for children and young people, whilst providing twenty-four hour support.
Our foster families provide the following:
- Short term care – this is generally classed as one day to any period up to 2 years. The child then may return to their birth family or be adopted.
- Long term care – this is generally more than 12 months and can be until the child is 18 years of age.
- Staying put – this is for children who are have been living in a foster family prior to them becoming 18 years old and then have the opportunity to remain with the family.
- Respite care – this is generally from our own organisation providing respite for our own foster families; however, this can also include regular respite arrangements to support children living with their birth family.
- Short breaks – this is generally to provide short breaks for families caring for children with disabilities.
- Emergency placements – these are required at very short notice if there is an urgent need for a foster family for a child/children.
- Sibling groups – this can be for 2 or more children to help keep families together.
- Parent and child arrangements – this requires foster parents with experience in assessing parenting. Foster parents will need to assess and support the parents to care for their children.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of Regional Foster Families is:
- To provide children and young people with a stable, nurturing and stimulating environment within an approved foster family.
- To provide a holistic approach to care within the context of a positive, inclusive value base, regardless of ethnicity or cultural heritage. We are confident that our foster carers welcome diversity and embrace difference.
- To provide professional foster carers who will respect and value difference and encourage children / young people to be proud of who they are.
- To provide a bridge between the past and the present, present and future, for all the children / young people referred to the agency:We acknowledge the importance of links with the child’s family of origin so long as this is in the best interests of the child.
- To provide opportunities for children and young people to remain with their siblings or to facilitate family time.
- To provide a service that works for children and is focused on meeting the needs and fulfilling the potential of children / young people in our care.
- To work with local authorities and other agencies in helping meet the aims of each identified care plan and achieve positive outcomes.