Administrator (Fostering) – Merthyr Tydfil / South Wales
Administrator – The Wales Region (Merthyr Tydfil Office) team covers the whole of the Wales.
The role is full time working 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary scale: Administrator £15,066 – £22, 027 per annum (based on Foster Care admin experience.)
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
We are looking for an administrator with social care admin experience; ideally with knowledge of fostering legislation and National Minimum Standards to join our small, dedicated team. The successful candidate will be supported by and supervised by the Regional Manager.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- To provide comprehensive clerical and administrative support that includes undertaking a range of keyboard-based tasks including minute taking, word processing, data inputting and the presentation of spreadsheets.
- To act as a point of contact for all telephone callers and visitors to the office.
- To operate and maintain the effective functioning of the office: including taking messages, responding to emails, the receipt of and sending of post, ordering stationary, maintaining the office diary and equipment, fire warden.
- To provide administrative support to all team members.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day processing and management of financial information, including processing of payments invoices, credit card payments and carer welfare costs.
- Requesting, following up and completion of DBS checks, references, and other required documentation within fostering form f process and within fostering regulations timescales.
- Co-ordinating the distribution of agency welcome booklets, training programmes and other such information to carers and young persons.
- The organisation and booking of facilities for meetings, training events, participation events and any associated refreshments.
- To be Panel Administrator, taking panel minutes and ensuring the smooth running of the Panel in line with National Minimum Standards and fostering regulations.
You will need to have:
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics
- Minimum NVQ level 2 in Business and Administration or equivalent
- Competent in Microsoft Office/ICT systems/Outlook and Databases
- Administrative experience within a social care environment, with good organisation skills
- Experience of preparing professional documents to legislative requirements, generating spreadsheets, processing financial payments, and filing.
- Experience of Fostering Panels, processes and panel minute taking.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Experience of and participation of Ofsted inspections
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards, a commitment to keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes for them is our priority.
You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), and training opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Amanda Davies, Wales Regional Manager on 07917700526.
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Benefits Scheme through SAGE
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the closing date below:
Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd April 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date; the provisional date set for interviews is W/C 26th April 2021.