Casual Family Support Worker – Nottingham, Derby, Leicester and Lincoln (East Midlands)
Casual Family Support Worker – For our East Midlands region; their office is based in Nottingham covering predominately the counties of Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, and Lincoln.
Salary scale: Hourly rate between £9.22 – £11.01.
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
We are looking for a child focused, Casual Family Support Workers in our East Midlands region, ideally one to cover Derby, Nottingham and Leicester with previous support work/ foster care experience. The successful applicants must be enthusiastic, have a child centred approach to their work and be able to support the team by providing specific pieces of work to support our Foster Parents and the children in fostering families.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- Engaging with children / young people on a one to one / group basis in order to achieve positive outcomes, this may require evening and weekend work.
- To support children / young people in maintaining contact with birth families and siblings.
- To undertake specific pieces of work with children / young people as commissioned by supervising social workers and placing authorities in order to achieve defined/required outcomes.
- To transport children/young people to meetings and other appointments when the carers are unable to do so.
- To take an active part in activities / clubs organised by the organisation.
- To provide a service which values and respects the differing cultures and ethnic backgrounds of families and children and to challenge discrimination.
- To maintain daily records of work using the required frameworks, prepare reports for reviews, case conferences and courts; evidence how work undertaken meets outcomes.
- To observe and implement as appropriate the Child Protection Procedures.
- To liaise with other agencies and professionals as appropriate.
- To ensure that high regard is given to each child’s social, physical, intellectual, cultural, emotional and religious needs or/and any special needs they may have.
- To take a flexible and creative approach to work with young people.
You will need to have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English & Mathematics
- Experience of working with children/young people
- Demonstrate experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- A thorough, working knowledge of Child Protection procedures and child care legislation, especially Every Child Matters
- A sound knowledge of child development, attachment and other associated theories
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards, a commitment to keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes for them is our priority.
You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period) and training opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Michael Cater, Regional Manager for the East Midlands Team, 07896561901.
- Mileage Allowance (32p per mile)
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be received by the 30/10/2020
The closing date for applications is the 30th October 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date.