Supervising Social Worker – East Anglia
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER – The East Anglia team covers the whole of the East Anglia area including Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Essex but in particular the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk.
Salary scale: Newly qualified (AYSE) £26,000 / Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £34,968 per annum.
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality foster families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives; the East Anglia’s last Ofsted report published in March 2018 rated the region ‘Good’ in all areas.
The East Anglia’s regional office is based in Norwich and we are looking for a Social Worker to cover supporting/supervising our foster parents predominantly within the Suffolk area. We are looking for a Newly qualified (AYSE) or Supervising Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our small dedicated team. We are looking for an enthusiastic social worker that wants to work in the fostering arena and being part of our team, you will be given opportunities to gain experience in all areas of Fostering.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster parents; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster parents
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster parents and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster parents support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering placements
- Partaking in the day duty tasks and the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards and a commitment to keeping children safe. Our priority is to ensure our children are living in happy, stable foster homes, with foster families who promote high aspirations and secure the best outcomes for their children.
You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), a realistic caseload (maximum of 12 fostering households) and training opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Sara Rayner, Registered Manager, on 07824 448764.
- Mileage Allowance
- Realistic case loads
- Employee’s Benefit Scheme
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current Social Work England registration to be considered for this role.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the 7th October 2020
The closing date for applications is 7th October 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date. Interviews are due to be held w/c 19th October 2020.