Fostering Panel Members – Liverpool / Manchester / North West England
Fostering Panel Members – North West
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
The North-West team are looking for Panel Members that is able to form our new fostering Panel in this region, as a panel member you will make informed decision about Foster Parents who wish to foster looked after children.
We are currently looking for a Panel Chair and new panel members for our Fostering Panel in our North West Region. This is an independent position and remuneration is per panel attended.
The fostering panel provides independent oversight of the recruitment, assessment and review of foster carers and makes reasoned decisions on their suitability to foster.
Applicants should have experience either professionally, personally or both of the placement of children in adoptive or foster families or of children being cared for away from their birth family.
Applicants should note that this is a self-employed position would therefore need to show self-employed status with HRMC.
As Panel Members our responsibilities will include:
- To read the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion
- To take responsibility for participating in the making of a recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience
- To attend meetings of the panel as specified in your agreement with the agency
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested
- To participate, with other members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions
- To participate in induction and in training which will be at least one day per year
- To participate constructively in the annual review of your central list panel membership.
Salary: Full day £200 / Half Day £160 this is a flat rate inclusive of reading and travel.
Panel Member role requires DBS clearance, which will be undertaken by company on your behalf.
In line with our values, we expect each panel member to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the best interest of ‘children in care,’ foster carers, and the community in which they live.
If you are interested in this role, please complete, and return the application form.
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
For an informal discussion please contact David Demetriou-Smith Regional Manager on 07957701079.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th September 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;