Procurement Officer, Exeter.
Location: Based out of our head office in Exeter (Westpoint Arena) (working from home is flexible)
Contract/Hours: Part Time (3 days a week) Fixed Term contract for 12 months
Salary scale: Annual Salary based on experience (£30,152 -33,283 Pro Rata)
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality foster families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
We are looking for an experienced procurement officer to support our agency with our tender process and managing our IPA’s contracts. We work alongside many Local Authorities throughout the UK as we have Regional Offices in Liverpool, Nottingham, Worcester, Merthyr Tydfil, Norfolk and Plymouth.
The successful applicant must be enthusiastic, experienced in contract management as well as having a good working knowledge of procurement/tender processes, policies and procedures to ensure an excellent and cost-effective service to our looked after children and Foster Parents. A good understanding of Local Authority fostering framework contracts is desirable.
The postholder will develop strategic partnerships with providers as well as providing strong stakeholder engagement and management and ensuring contracts are reflective of policy and best practice.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving contracts ready to go to tender
- Managing and maintaining accurate contract records
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with local authorities commissioning teams
- Able to negotiate contracts
- To work closely with our Senior Management team to understand details of procurement requirements for a fostering agency
You will need to have:
- A formal procurement qualification (i.e. CIPS Level 4 Diploma)
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Attention to detail
You will be joining a committed Independent Fostering Agency with high ethical standards, with a commitment to keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to securing the best outcomes for them is our priority.
You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Hannah Robbins at email@example.com or Natalie Dorrington, Finance Manager on 07507893800.
- Mileage Allowance (45p per mile)
- 25 days Annual leave (plus Bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Sage employee benefits scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive company and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our company.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be received by the 13th September 2021
The closing date for applications is the 13th September 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date, we are looking to hold interview W/C 27th September 2021.