Fostering Supervising Social Worker Vacancy in Suffolk and Norfolk.
FULL TIME SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER
The East Anglia team covers the whole of the East Anglia area, in particular the counties of Suffolk and Norfolk. The region has a vacancy for a full time Supervising Social Worker.
Salary scale: Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £34,968 per annum.
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives. East Anglia’s last Ofsted report was published in June 2021 and the region was rated ‘Good’.
The East Anglia’s teams office is in Norwich, and we are looking for a full time Supervising Social Worker to support our foster families who predominately live in Norfolk and Suffolk. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced social worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our small, dedicated team. Being part of our team, you will be given opportunities to gain further experience in all areas of fostering.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster parents; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster parents
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster parents and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster parents support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering family placements
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards and a commitment to keeping children safe. Our priority is to ensure our children are living in happy, stable foster homes, with foster families who promote high aspirations and secure the best outcomes for the children placed in their care.
You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), a realistic caseload (maximum of 12 fostering households) and training opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Sara Rayner, Registered Manager, on 07824 448764.
- Mileage Allowance
- Good training budget
- Social Work England registration fees paid annually
- Realistic caseloads (maximum of 12 households for this post)
- Employee’s Benefit Scheme
- Professional supervision with your Regional Manager
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave, plus the 8 bank holidays
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current Social Work England registration to be considered for this role.
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by 03/09/2021
Provisional date for interviews – Week commencing 13/09/21.
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the closing date.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
The closing date for applications is 3rd September 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date.