Supervising Social Worker Vacancy in Liverpool, Manchester and Lancashire
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER
Salary scale: Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £34,968 per annum (based on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our North West Region, after a period of growth we are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to work as part of the small team covering the Liverpool, Manchester and Lancashire area.
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality foster families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
You will be home based however the regional office is based in Liverpool. We are looking for a Supervising Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our small, dedicated team. We are looking for an enthusiastic social worker that wants to work in the fostering arena and being part of our team, you will be given opportunities to gain experience in all areas of Fostering.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster parents; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster parents
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster parents and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster parents support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering placements
- Partaking in the day duty tasks and the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards and a commitment to keeping children safe. Our priority is to ensure our children are living in happy, stable foster homes, with foster families who promote high aspirations and secure the best outcomes for their children.
- Formal induction and training in our electronic and management system (CHARMS)
- Realistic caseloads (maximum of 12)
- Monthly supervision provided by your Manager
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will have:
- The desire to work as part of a team who wants to provide the best possible outcomes for all our young children and foster parents.
- Experience in working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care.
- A formal Social Work qualification
- A current Social Work England registration
- A valid driving licence with business use insurance cover.
- The right to work in the UK
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our company. For an informal discussion please contact David Demetriou-Smith, Team Manager, on 07957701079.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current Social Work England registration to be considered for this role.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the closing date below:
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date. Interviews are looking to be held w/c 15th June.