Supervising Social Worker Vacancy in Plymouth and Cornwall.
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER
Salary scale: Supervising Social Worker £28,000 – £34,968 per annum (based on experience)
An exciting opportunity has risen in ourSouth West Region, after a period of growth in the Plymouth and Cornwall area. We are looking for an experienced Supervising Social Worker to work as part of the South West Region covering the Plymouth (and surrounding area) and Cornwall.
Regional Foster Families is an Independent Fostering Agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality foster families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic social worker with a good working knowledge of fostering legislation, as well as experience in therapeutic parenting or therapy based knowledge. Being part of our team, you will be given opportunities to gain experience in all areas of Fostering as well as good training opportunities, with an annual budget for you to continue your personal development. You will be home based but please note that the Regional Office is based in Plymouth.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster parents; this will include completing Form F assessments and presenting them to our fostering panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster parents
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster parents and presenting the reports to our fostering panel when necessary
- Facilitating foster parents support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering placements
- Partaking in the day duty tasks and the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards and a commitment to keeping children safe. Our priority is to ensure our children are living in happy, stable foster homes, with foster families who promote high aspirations and secure the best outcomes for their children.
- Formal induction and training in our electronic and management system (CHARMS)
- Realistic case loads (maximum of 12)
- Monthly supervision provided by your Regional Manager
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Social Work England Registration fees paid annually
- Really good training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Employee benefit scheme (provide by Sage)
- Pension Scheme
You will have:
- The desire to work as part of a team who wants to provide the best possible outcomes for all of our young children and foster parents.
- Experience in working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care.
- Experience in Therapeutic parenting or have therapy based knowledge
- A formal Social Work qualification
- A current Social Work England registration
- A valid driving licence with business use insurance cover.
- The right to work in the UK
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our Region. For an informal discussion please contact Ann-Maire Baird, Regional Manager, on 078270818280 or Sam Smith, Assistant Team Manager on 07826 554 632
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current Social Work England registration to be considered for this role.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the closing date below:
Application forms are to be emailed to HR@rff.care by the 21st June 2021
The closing date for applications is 21st June 2021. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date. Interviews are looking to be held w/c 5th July.