Casual Family Support Worker – Brighton, Hove and Surrounding areas.
Casual Family Support Worker – In our South Central (East and West Sussex). Regional Office is based in Hove.
Salary scale: Hourly rate between £9.22 – £11.01.
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
We are looking for a Casual Family Support Worker, in our South-Central Region, ideally with support work/ foster care experience. The successful candidate will be supported by and supervised by the Regional Manager.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- Engaging with children / young people on a one to one / group basis in order to achieve positive outcomes, this may require evening and weekend work.
- To support children / young people in maintaining contact with birth families and siblings.
- To undertake specific pieces of work with children / young people as commissioned by supervising social workers and placing authorities in order to achieve defined/required outcomes.
- To transport children/young people to meetings and other appointments when the carers are unable to do so.
- To take an active part in activities / clubs organised by the organisation.
- To provide a service which values and respects the differing cultures and ethnic backgrounds of families and children and to challenge discrimination.
- To maintain daily records of work using the required frameworks, prepare reports for reviews, case conferences and courts; evidence how work undertaken meets outcomes.
- To observe and implement as appropriate the Child Protection Procedures.
- To liaise with other agencies and professionals as appropriate.
- To ensure that high regard is given to each child’s social, physical, intellectual, cultural, emotional and religious needs or/and any special needs they may have.
- To take a flexible and creative approach to work with young people.
You will need to have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English & Mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working directly with ‘looked after’ children/young people
- Demonstrate experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- NVQ Level 2(or equivalent award) in Health and Social Care, Youth Work Practice or Children and Young Peoples workforce.
- A thorough, working knowledge of Child Protection procedures and child care legislation, especially Every Child Matters
- A sound knowledge of child development, attachment and other associated theories
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards, a commitment to keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes for them is our priority.
For an informal discussion please contact Lydia Pelham-Mather, Regional Manager for the South Central Team, 07495702275.
- Mileage Allowance
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be received 28th February 2020
The closing date for applications is the 28th February 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date; the provisional date set for interviews is the week commencing the 9th March.