NEWLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER – West Midlands (Worcester Office)
The West Midland’s (Worcester Office) team covers the whole of the West Midlands but in particular the Kidderminster and Wolverhampton areas.
Salary scale: AYSE/Newly Qualified Social Worker £26,000 per annum
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives; the West Midland’s last Ofsted report published in March 2018 rated the region ‘Good’ in all areas.
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards, a commitment to keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes for them. We are looking for a person who has a genuine interest in the fostering arena, to building effective relationships with children and foster parents, and helping foster parents develop a therapeutic approach as part of their ongoing development.
You will have a reduced caseload, protected development time, shadowing opportunities, mentoring support from experienced social workers and peer support groups. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
The West Midland’s team covers the whole of the West Midlands but in particular the Kidderminster and Wolverhampton areas. We are looking for a newly qualified Social Worker who wants to join our team and complete their AYSE. Ideally someone who wants a long term future in fostering, has completed a placement within a fostering arena, or who has relevant experience and has some knowledge of fostering legislation.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The support and supervision for our approved foster parents
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster parents and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Undertaking foster parent and child specific safe care policies and risk assessments
- Completing Health and Safety assessments
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster parents; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- Facilitating foster parents support groups and training
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Willingness to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- Contributing to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
- Ongoing commitment to your own development
For an informal discussion please contact Liz Berry, Registered Manager, on 07458120113.
- Competitive Salary
- Mileage Allowance
- Realistic case loads
- Regular supervision (once AYSE year is completed this will be monthly)
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 days’ annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a newly qualified Social Worker with a current Social Work England registration to be considered for this role. However, we would be willing to consider taking the right candidate on temporarily as a support worker, pending confirmation of their registration.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be received by 29th June 2020 – by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 29th June 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date; the interview will take place virtually due to the current climate date tbc.