SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER – Kidderminster / Wolverhampton
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER – The West Midland’s team covers the whole of the West Midlands but in particular the Kidderminster and Wolverhampton areas.
Salary scale: Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £32,471 per annum
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency with a family feel, providing safe, high quality families for children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives; the West Midland’s last Ofsted report published in March 2018 rated the region ‘Good’ in all areas.
The West Midland’s team covers the whole of the West Midlands but in particular the Kidderminster and Wolverhampton areas. We are looking for a committed Supervising Social Worker; ideally with a good knowledge of fostering legislation to join our small dedicated team. The successful candidate will be the main caseworker for the West Midlands and will report and be supervised by the Registered Manager.
The post holders’ duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster carers; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster carers
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster carers and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster carers support groups and training
- The management of children and young people’s fostering placements
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly; including evenings and weekend work, when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed IFA with high ethical standards, a commitment to Keeping children safe and ensuring they are living in happy, stable foster families who promote high aspirations, and seek to secure the best outcomes for them is our priority. You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), a realistic caseload (maximum of 12 fostering households) and training opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
For an informal discussion please contact Liz Berry, Registered Manager, on 07458120113.
- Mileage Allowance
- Realistic case loads
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 day’s annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current HCPC registration to be considered for this role.
Please note we cannot accept a CV – application forms must be completed; to apply please download the following;
Application forms are to be received 17th February 2020
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th February 2020. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date; the provisional date set for interviews is Tuesday 25th February 2020 and will take place in our Worcester Office.